|Official Web site of North Tripura District
Tea, Food Processing, Light Engineering, Brick Klins, Wood processing, Natural Rubber based units, Spices, Plastics & Polymers, Distilleries, Spun Pipes, Iodized Salt Processing, Handloom & handicrafts & Other Village Industries.
No. of Registered Units
(as on December 2001)
1. Power surplus in off-peak hours.
2. Upgraded National Highway, modern telecom facilities.
3. Industrial Estates at Dharmanagar & Kailashahar with readymade shades and developed plots for allotment.
4. Integrated Infrastructure Development Centere under implementation at Dewanapassa near Dharmanagar over 45 acres of land with readymade industrial infrastructure facilities.
5. To facilitate export/import Land Customs Stations are operational at two places namely Raghna & Manughat. Under Critical Infrastructure Balancing Scheme export infrastructure facilities are being in proved at Raghna & Manughat.
Industrial Incentives & favourable Conditions:
1. Capital Investment Subsidy
2. Transport Subsidy
3. Central Excise Duty Exemption
4. Sales tax Exemption
5. Interest Subsidy etc.
Also, land available for industries, abundant natural resources, agro-climatic conditions, developed human resource.
Identified areas of Investment
1. Agro based Industries mainly on horticulture & food processing
2. Tea Processing
4. Natural based units
5. Handloom & Handicrafts
7. Electrinics & Computer Software.
Tripura has a long border with Bangladesh and large market for export. Some of the major towns of Bangladesh are in close proximity to Kailashahar & Dharmanagar. Export/ import is regulated by Govt of India from time to time.
Self Employment Schemes
Different Self-employment schemes like Prime Ministers Rojgar Yojona, Margin Money Scheme of KVIC, Small Tea Growars schemes are operational in the district. Unemployed youths may set-up their own units with minium investment in tiny & small scale sectors, service sector, village & cottage industries for gainfull self-employment.
A new ITI at Dharmanagar is being set-up to meet the growing need for technical education.
Tea Industry in North Tripura
Tea processing is the single largest industry in the district. There are twenty-three gardends with ten processing factories. The total production is about 23 million -kg.