IT in the District
Information Technology (IT) has now become an integral part of the administration. Computerization not only helped District administration in decision making but also increased the efficiency of the administration to a great extent. Management Information Systems/ databases, developed and implemented in the district, were of great help to the Administration.
|'s wide network & internet connectivity made this geographically remote District|
|no remote al all.|
|COMPUTERIZED LAND ACQUISITION AWARDING SYSTEM|
|WORK ORDER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AT BLOCK LEVEL|
|DAK MONITORING SYSTEM|
|REVENUE CASE MONITORING SYSTEM|
|CHARACTER VERIFICATION CASES MONITORING SYSTEM|
|GROUP INSURANCE CASE MONITORING SYSTEM|
|ARMS LICENCE MONITORING SYSTEM|
|FUND MONITORING SYSTEM|
|PUBLIC GRIEVANCE MONITORING SYSTEM|
|FUND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM|
|LAND RECORDS COMPUTERIZATION|
|DATABASE FOR REANG MIGRANTS|
|DISTRESSED PARA POCKETS MONITORING SYSTEM|
|DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM|
|EAS MONITORING SYSTEM|
|INFORMATION & FACILITATION CENTRE|
1. COMPUTERIZED LAND ACQUISITION AWARDING SYSTEM (CLAAS) : The project is running successfully in North Tripura District since June 2001. CLAAS covers all the mandatory stages involved in Land Acquisition - starting from initiation of proposal by the Acquiring Department to disbursing award amount (Compensation) to the landowners. All the forms, notices and letters are generated by CLAAS. The software has been made most user friendly and secured.
2. WORK ORDER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (WOMS) : The WOMS has been developed for implementation in Block offices. Various options have been provided for performing all the steps starting from receipt of Fund from District Administration to sending Utilization of the funds received. maintenance of registers, submitting monthly reports and returns, answering any type of queries at any point of time, all these are at a mouse click in WOMS.
Help file provided with WOMS covers all type of help including installation and initialization process.
3. DAK MONITORING SYSTEM :- Letters, after being received in the Receipt Section of the office are sent to the Head of the office for a glance through the bunch of letters. Head of office puts his initial on each letter and write the name of concerned section (or Person) who deals with the letter, give necessary instruction in short (e.g. Pls. Put up, file up, Take action within 4 days etc.) accordingly. There are letters, which are for information only, hence no action is required on those letters. They are only to be filed up. After proper marking, letters are sent to the data entry operator of DAK. Data entry operator enters relevant information in DAK and marks the ID no. given by DAK on the body of each letter, take a print out of the list of letters received on that day. The list of letters is grouped section wise. The section wise sorted letters along with the printout for that section to the concerned sections of the office. Monthly/ Weekly, Head of the office can monitors letters received by any section and action taken so far on each letter.
4. REVENUE CASE MONITORING SYSTEM ( RCMS Ver. 2.0): The Revenue cases (Case under section 95 and 96 of TLR & LR Act) are filed in the court of District Magistrate & Collector and entered into the computer using Case entry option of RCMS. The software generates a forwarding letter to the concerned Sub divisional Officer for field level enquiry, wherever required. The RCMS generates a letter no. for forwarding to SDO and gives a Case ID no. to the case entered. A time frame of 15 days generally is given to SDO for enquiry. A Copy of the letter to SDO is also generated by RCMS for sending to the person concerned. Option has been kept for sending the pendency list to the SDOs once in a month. The Case Status wise list can also be generated. The RCMS has also got the option of answering public query.
5. CHARACTER VERIFICATION CASES MONITORING SYSTEM (CVCMS Ver. 2.0): A large No. of Verification Roll/ Attestation Forms are being received from different Govt. organization for verification of Character and antecedence of the persons selected for Govt. job. This needs to be quickly verified and sent to the concerned offices. The CVCMS serves the purpose. The data is entered using Data entry option and forwarding letter is generated by the package for sending the forms to Superintendent of Police(DIB) for enquiry. The letter no. of the forwarding letter contains the ID No. of the case which helps in identification of the case later for updation after enquiry. On receipt of enquiry report a letter is generated by the package for sending the verification report to the concerned Offices. List of cases pending for enquiry are sent frequently to the SP ( DIB). The pending list is generated Police station wise which helps DIB in sending the lists directly to the concerned police station for early disposal. No. of pending cases can be generated year wise and also for each police station.
6. GROUP INSURANCE CASE MONITORING SYSTEM (GICMS) : The govt. employee receives benefit of the Tripura State Govt. Employees Group Insurance Scheme after retirement from the service or in service death. The cases are dealt by the GI section of District Administration. To avoid unnecessary delay in processing the cases and inconvenience to the retired employee or the family of the deceased the GICMS has been developed. The memos are generated automatically for sending the approval to the concerned DDO for early disbursement. Pendency has been removed fully after computerization.
7. ARMS LICENCE MONITORING SYSTEM (ALMS): This contains the records of all the Arms license issued by the District Administration. The ALMS also contains the records of licenses issued by other Districts and renewed only in this District. The name of the gun owner, address of the owner, type of gun, gun no. , date of issuance of the license, renewal date, Name & Address of the issuing authority etc. are the information that are there in the ALMS. ALMS generates reports like list of Guns under a Police Station, list guns where renewal is pending. ALMS can issue letter to the gun owner for renewal of Licenses.
8. FUND MONITORING SYSTEM (FMS): Funds are received from State and Central Governments under various developmental schemes like EAS, JGSY, SJSY, IAY, DWCRA etc. Fund receipts are entered by Fund Receipt option of FMS. The funds are then allocated to various implementing agencies after approval of the DM & Collector. Memos are issued by FMS for allocation of funds and sent to the concerned Implementing agencies. The DM & Collector monitors the current fund position through DAMIS. Reports like details of fund receipt and allocation, details of fund allocated to particular agency, details of fund received and allocated under a selected scheme, summary of fund position for all the schemes are generated with a single mouse Click.
9. PUBLIC GRIEVANCE MONITORING SYSTEM : The public grievances are filed to the District Magistrate in the form of petition. The name of concerned section, name of the field office to act and action to be taken are marked by the DM & Collector on the body of the petition. The petitions are then sent to computer section and data are entered. The user generates a forwarding letter to the concerned field office with a single click and send it to the field office for action within a specified time frame. The records are updated regularly on receipt of action taken report from the field office. This also serves the purpose of answering petitioner(s) the status of his petition.
10. FUND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM (FDS): Funds of schemes like EAS, JGSY, PMGY, IAY etc. after receipt by the District is to be distributed among GPs of each Block. In FDS, the user enters the amount received and clicks to calculate according to the SC, ST and other population in the GPs. The distribution is according to the formula set by the user. In case of JGSY apart from distribution, bank branch wise credit transfer report, forwarding letter to the Branch Managers on this credit transfer, letter on 2% contingency wherever applicable, are also generated by FDS.
11. LAND RESTORATION : The software contains records of all restoration cases under each subdivision of North Tripura. The information like Name and Address of 1st party and 2nd party, land details like area, Mouza, Khatian and Plot No. , Date of order passed for restoration, whether Land is physically restored, area restored, Date & amount of Assistance provided to Tribal and Non-tribal party etc. Software gives Subdivision wise status of each case.
12. LAND RECORDS COMPUTERIZATION : The land records software "JAMI Ver. 1.0" is running in North Tripura District. The software is in Dbase III+ and compiled by Clipper. Gournagar tehsil is the first Tehsil in the State where distribution of Computerized Khatian has been started. The system was inaugurated by the Chief Secretary of Tripura on 28th January 2000.
13. PAYROLL PACKAGE : The package, developed in XENIX O.S. was running successfully for the last 5 years. Monthly Pay Bill, GPF schedule, Pay slip, Advance schedule, Challans were being generated by this package.
Recently Pay roll system in Windows platform has been implemented in the District and is running successfully for SDOs office Kailashahar also.
14. DATABASE FOR REANG MIGRANTS : The database contains the information like Name of the Head of family and family members, their age, sex, native village in Mizoram, family card No., No. of adults and minors etc. An ID No. has been generated by the software which contains the abbreviation of camp and block name and the card No. of the family. The reports like native village wise list of each family, monthly requirement of rice and cash for the family etc. can be generated by the software.
15. DAMIS (DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM) :- All these softwares mentioned above are installed at the nodes kept in respective Sections of this office. Through DAMIS, DM & Collector opens the required software kept in the machine of that section and checks the present status.
16. INFORMATION & FACILITATION CENTRE (IFC): The software developed by NIC, Tripura State Unit has been implemented in the District. The Centre was inaugurated by the Chief Secretary of Government of Tripura on 28th January 2000.
17. EAS MONITORING SYSTEM : The package has been implemented in this District. Works like entry of project shelf and subsequent approval, memo generation for approval of the projects are all being done by the package.
18. ELECTION DATABASE: The software is being used by the District for Assembly, Parliament, Nagar Panchayat & other bye elections for formation of Polling parties and sending polling teams to Polling stations randomly.
19.DISTRESSED PARA POCKETS: The package is being used by the District for monitoring proposal for distressed and spl. distressed paras.